• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 Arkmabat

Arkmabat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:14 PM

Hello, just wondering if there is controller support? Thanks.

#22 InsaneJetman

InsaneJetman

• Moderators
  • 294 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:11 PM

It's about time. It's been so long that I have lost my memory. I don't recall being called User7287635; how weird.

Anyway, congratulations on getting the game released.

There is a name change option, but it can be tricky to find:

https://secure.jetpackhq.com/settings/

Someone else noted that you may have to log out then log in again for everything to work properly.

#23 PPX14

PPX14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 03:33 PM

Excellent, thanks -  got it  :)

Fyi though, the PayPal payment didn't work as it said (when I logged into PayPal to complete the purchase) that the merchant does not accept British Pounds, (so I paid by card which did work).

#24 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 560 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:18 AM

Oh, of course not.  Ok that's fixed, thanks for reporting it!

#25 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 560 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:21 AM

Hello, just wondering if there is controller support? Thanks.

It's not planned at this time, but you could try something like Joy2Key http://joytokey.net/en/

#26 Pushwall

Pushwall

• Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:55 AM

Hey Adam,...really fun stuff! I'm glad you stayed the course and made this into such an awesome game.  Congratulations on the release!

#27 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 560 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:45 AM

Thanks Doug!

#28 WatheAnum

WatheAnum

• Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:09 PM

finally the game is out. i actually waited very long for its release (like everyone here i guess XD) and i actually enjoy it. I hope (since it was on greenlight) that it comes out also on steam for better updates since right now, it looks like after every update you have to download it manual again, which kinda bugs X3

still, great job, i already made a video about it and add a lot background story with it X3 (its in german but still, if ya intressted):

#29 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 560 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:53 PM

Very nice!  I don't know what you're saying, but I hope it's good :)

#30 WatheAnum

WatheAnum

• Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:56 PM

it is, its very positive. I tell (mostly at the beginning) something how i played jetpack 1 in school with my friends and that "finally part 2 is out" X3 i also explained for retro fans how to compair the gameplay with Lode Runner and games like. Its nothing to special (the video) but i have a lot fun with the game. You did a great job with it so far and, again, i wish it comes out on steam. it sure would help your sells :D

#31 InsaneJetman

InsaneJetman

• Moderators
  • 294 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:52 PM

Good stuff. I ran the auto-captions through Google translate, but between the voice recognition and the translation, it was mostly unintelligible.

You were playing all retro levels. I hope you're enjoying the Infernal Maze too. Post again if you make any more.

#32 WatheAnum

WatheAnum

• Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:42 AM

Good stuff. I ran the auto-captions through Google translate, but between the voice recognition and the translation, it was mostly unintelligible.

You were playing all retro levels. I hope you're enjoying the Infernal Maze too. Post again if you make any more.

i think i will do so, maybe i build even some levels and show them on video how i did them. :D

Edit: i tried myself to use subtitles in german and yea, google and subtitles (even IN german) are NOT good X´D i was laughing at a part where i said something like "the differance between lode runner and jetpack was your man can jump and using a jetpack" and google said something like "the differance between loaded war and jet pack was you can jump and using a ipad" X`D i had a good laugh.

#33 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 560 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:41 AM

I got a response from GOG, they said:

We’ve taken a look at Jetpack , it looks like a hardcore platformer game. Platformer mechanics are done quite well. There is a lot of focus on constantly providing new challenges for the player. Graphics are quite simple, yet eye-catching. Overall game looks like fun.

Unfortunately, however, we feel that the game would not be a good fit for GOG, as we think that it appears to be too niche and a bit too small in scale in terms of production value for our users, which means that we aren’t confident in its release potential on our site.

For these reasons I’m afraid we will have to pass on Jetpack 

So it looks like here will be the only place to buy Jetpack for the foreseeable future.

#34 WatheAnum

WatheAnum

• Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 10:43 AM

So it looks like here will be the only place to buy Jetpack for the foreseeable future.

thats why i said, better try it on steam. you had it on the greenlight and i guess people voted for it. steam is kinda "the" thing people using for games, if you got it on there, you shouldnt have a problem selling it, well, at least better then on only your webside... :D

i mean to be honest, a LOT old games and remakes made it on steam, here just SOME proofs/samples:

http://store.steampo...es_of_Dr_Creep/

http://store.steampo...ps_Challenge_2/

http://store.steampo...o_Eggs_Rebirth/

so im sure Jetpack 2 will be good on there. :D

#35 OrcishGrunt

OrcishGrunt

Advanced Member

• Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:29 AM

=(

But Jetpack 1 was a DOS classic! Maybe GOG could try distributing it as one of their free games. If it becomes popular there, they might rethink their decision and decide to add Jetpack 2 later... dunno. Just a thought

#36 OrcishGrunt

OrcishGrunt

Advanced Member

• Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:21 PM

You can still vote for Jetpack 2 in GOG's wishlist: https://www.gog.com/...games/jetpack_2

Currently at 228 votes

#37 Pushwall

Pushwall

• Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:52 PM

It might help if PC Gamer could get a copy to play too.

#38 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 560 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:50 PM

I've written to the 25 most likely places to review Jetpack 2 and haven't heard a word.  As for Steam, honestly if it increased sales by 5x, it's still not worth the effort.

#39 Firebrand

Firebrand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:55 PM

It's not planned at this time, but you could try something like Joy2Key http://joytokey.net/en/

I can confirm the Joy2Key works perfectly.  Version 3.7.4 was free (search for it).

#40 Firebrand

Firebrand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:58 PM

"Niche"... What the hell do they think *everything* on GOG is? (I say this as a long-time GOG customer).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users