Jetpack 2 Development Blog
- Performance Boost #2
This release fixes a long time bug causing jerkiness – gameplay should be very smooth now! You can find the latest release here. You can comm...
- Performance Notes
I found some debug code that was executing in the last release build, causing significant slowdown. Fixing that, along with some tweaks for the ne...
- Final Editor Release
Finally, you can create your own moving tile groups, something that I’ve been wanting to do since the days of Jumpman. The hidden rooms idea...
- What’s Wrong With Haxe
There don’t seem to be any substantial articles about the downside of using Haxe. That should have been my first warning sign. If, after se...
help icons/invisible triggers as block effect triggers
Illari - Apr 09 2013 10:21 AM
Bug reports and feature requests for March release
InsaneJetman - Apr 09 2013 02:39 AM
Obviously I'm not making the end of April goal with the game release, but it's getting close.
* Game no longer resets or pauses on player death. If respawning causes the player to be in an unwinnable situation, they will need to select "restart level" from the menu. Try to plan your levels so that doesn't happen.
* Added Options menu
* Level end summary is now pretty
* Small tweaks lead to big changes: I got a font editor to make the exclamation point readable, and found that it wasn't too tricky to make some other changes. I've added lower case to the Jetpack font! It looks much nicer. I ran a script to save you the trouble of converting all your existing levels to Title Case. Feel free to modify your title. Due to the additional space, I've also increased the title char limit by 8, to 36. The level browser now uses the Jetpack font, which makes it a little less readable, but it looks nice.
I also added dollar sign - ampersand would be nice but looks like too much work. If anyone else knows how and wants to add it let me know.
* Fixed most known bugs
* Sign commands must come after any message. You may now specify more than one trigger. To specify a & b, use @trigger:ab:on@ NOTE: don't forget, if you don't specify on or off, the default behavior is to TOGGLE. 2 toggles = no change.
* Most FG scenery now goes underneath the opaque layer. Exceptions are vines & struts
* Destroy tile group now fades out, unless duration=0
* Added 2 small blood stain tiles
Note: You can quickly quit playtest mode by pressing ESC Q
Current behavior is for invisible triggers to disappear on contact ONLY if they show a message. Is that confusing? I could change to removing all on contact, unless @noremove@ is specified.
> Holding down Shift + number flips the layer filter on and off (number + shift works fine tho).
This is a feature!
“Bug Reports” Folder Levels
(Please delete the level when you confirm the issue is fixed)
FUEL MISER ACHIEVEMENT ICON (Juang) - fixed
STUN. ENEMIES ENTER TELEPOR. (Juang) - since blocks use every teleporter, stunned enemies should too - changed the bats though
TRICKY SWITCHES (Saga Musix) - fixed
INSANE BUGS (InsaneJetman) - fixed
centered on ladder, miss triggers - they toggle by default, so you are hitting 2 toggles at once=on/off. use @trigger:e:on@
still circle: the physical pos of that tile is the center of it, not the center of the grid cell it's placed in
EFFECT TIMING (InsaneJetman) - fixed?
THIN WALL OF DOOM W/ PURPLE (Illari) - fixed
HITBOXAND1VASEPIXELTHRUWALL (Illari) - i could shrink the contact radius for items but this would make it more of a pain to gather things, having to be positioned more exactly - comments?
FIRST THING YOU PRESS DOWN (Illari) - fixed
FIRST THING YOU PRESS JUMP (Illari) - fixed
FADE IN TRAPPED ENEMY BLINKS (Illari) - fixed
TRAPPED BOXES ESCAPE (Illari) - fixed
MOVING SPRINGS (Juan G) - frickin springs - fixed
REPULSOR GLITCH (Illari) - todo
MISSLE SLUDGE BUG (Saga Musix) - todo
350 Views · 11 replies ( Last reply by Illari )
Here's the list of bugs I've come across since the March release:
- Overlay tiles in a group:
- prevent shading of tiles underneath (no shading in rooms -- you might actually like this)
- are not drawn on top of other foreground layer tiles (can't have pillars etc. in a room)
- Toggle N tiles button does not update when selection updated.
- Pressing the Toggle N tiles button does not affect the demo animation.
- When placing a 3x3 background, it disappears when I move the mouse to the edge and have a layer filtered out.
- After an undo, the editor winds up in block mode not depending on the operation undone but the operation before that.
- Invisible triggers aren't faded when I hide layer 4.
- The final time is wrong after a respawn (from start or checkpoint).
- I can't edit an off-axis help icon.
- I can open 2+ drop down boxes at once in the level settings dialog.
- Undoing a paste involving a tile group erases the whole level!
If you have any questions about any of these, please ask. There are also some bugs in my Insane Bugs level, so keep an eye on that.
- Make it possible for one Help Icon/Invisible Trigger to trigger two groups.
- New effect: Create (reverse of Destroy, they could even be options on one effect).
- Have an option for a fade-in/out on Destroy (Create too if you make that).
I employed some odd tricks to get this effect in Domineering Cliff.
- Bring back the co-ordinate information when placing a tile free-range.
I used that quite a bit to make sure I was placing a tile in the correct place.
That's what I've got for the moment. The game's working great tho. Good Work!
330 Views · 14 replies ( Last reply by AdeptSoftware )
The following are some assorted levels of mine. Let me know what you think.
The doors are automatic. Figure out where and when you need to be.
Here's a neat pattern, and a decent puzzle too -- if you want to get everything.
Race to the finish line. If you make it in time, you may collect your trophy.
Three Crown Conundrum
These three crowns make a neat puzzle.
Escape from the dungeon, and if that isn't tricky enough, try the achievements!
Thought you were done after the dungeon? No such luck! Escape from the castle now.
319 Views · 5 replies ( Last reply by Illari )
Members Online Today: 10
Recently Added Posts
I know the blood at death can sometimes add to a level, sometimes detract; not sure about it, but...
I kind of like the principal idea that the level is not resetted on player death. This makes the...
Any comments on the new stuff?
Good point, I've changed the description from block to "selection". Saga I'll evaluate that...
My laptop has been in repair for a week and will still be there for maybe another week, so I'm cu...