Photo

Congratulations, Jetpack 2 has been Greenlit!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 501 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:35 PM

Well, this was a surprise.. I had pretty much given up on Steam.

http://steamcommunit...ls/?id=93086943

So that's pretty awesome.  And it only took 2 1/2 years to get greenlit, lol.

Thanks to everyone who voted to greenlight Jetpack 2!  

I'm building up savings by working, and also working slowly on Jetpack 2 when I have spare time.  So don't get too excited yet.  But rest assured, the time will come for Jetpack 2 to shine!

Adam

#2 etchepare

etchepare

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:40 AM

Hey man this is weird! Yesterday I was going into some old pages I liked on facebook and I found yours, so i remembered such great times playing the original game and recalled the eventual part 2 that was being developed.

So yesterday I bought de Full Game, Beta Test and Easter Egg and to my infinite surprise this news comes TODAY. Hahahah. Im so glad!

Congratulations :D

Pedro Etchepare

#3 BillyMaysFan59

BillyMaysFan59

• Beta Tester
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:59 AM

Great news. Hopefully this can convince the folks at GOG.com to release it too.

With that in mind, I created a thread on their forums to spread the news:

http://www.gog.com/f...eenlit_on_steam

Good luck on the project!

#4 KP21121

KP21121

• Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:19 AM

Gongrulations! I wish you all the best with getting the Jetpack2 finished. I know it's not easy to find time for the projects when working and had to take care of family as well. Been there as well. Sometimes 30 min per day is the most what's possible. But keep up the doog job! Jetpack 1 was such a great game, J2 will be great if it's pretty much like J1.

#5 TeamTJ

TeamTJ

• Beta Tester
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:50 PM

This is so infuriating...

I backed this on KickStarter, looked forward to a Dec 2012 release, and have heard countless "it's almost ready" promises...

Each missed released date is followed by some reason why it was missed, such as "I decided to add (fairly complex) features which pushed it back (again)."  I'm still not sure why development isn't just finished with the existing features and new features added at a later date with a new version number. Heck, you could even charge for the upgrades. As it stands now, you have 502 backers with nothing to show for their investments except 27 months of waiting...and waiting...and waiting...

Not sure why the excitement about being greenlit at Steam or released on GOG...if we can't even get it released to the backers, how in the world is it going to be released elsewhere?

Glad I didn't use this to judge KickStarter as a viable tool.  This was my first project, and the ONLY one showing zero progress.

Out of the 26 (successful ones) that I've backed, I am waiting for 8 to deliver. 2 are late, 6 are not yet due. My next oldest late one is only 7 months late, and we see at, a minimum, weekly updates and the creator being active in the comments. This one is over 2 years late, and we see virtually NO creator interaction except to say, it's almost done (again).

Honestly, I'm skeptical that this will ever see a release...

#6 Saga Musix

Saga Musix

• Moderators
  • 179 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:30 PM

FWIW, the "finished" game is probably not much more than what you already get at the moment. The levels are done and playable, and the most important feature - the editor - is there as well. It might lack the finishing touches, but it's great as it is already.

#7 TeamTJ

TeamTJ

• Beta Tester
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:02 PM

How about the ability to download and install it rather than play in my browser...that WAS what was promised...

#8 Illari

Illari

Advanced Member

• Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:16 AM

How about the ability to download and install it rather than play in my browser...that WAS what was promised...

I didn't know it being desktop makes a difference, but if still being a flash file just openable from desktop counts, that sounds like you'd have to change basically nothing.. I even wonder if you could just download the flash with the loading bar yourself and if it would work already.. not saying that's how every user should do it, but making a download link for everyone seems, like, really easy to make in a few hours, if it still being a flash executable counts. Only if you were offline saving things wouldn't work unless a separate functionality was made to save to your computer, but if you skip that a version could be had like really fast?? I don't know if someone wants quite that though, but I guess they could(?).

#9 BillyMaysFan59

BillyMaysFan59

• Beta Tester
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:17 PM

FWIW, the "finished" game is probably not much more than what you already get at the moment. The levels are done and playable, and the most important feature - the editor - is there as well. It might lack the finishing touches, but it's great as it is already.

I have to agree with this. Also, the finishing touches and extra features can be implemented in future expansions. That would be fine by me, especially since we'd rather have the game sooner than later.

#10 TeamTJ

TeamTJ

• Beta Tester
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:42 PM

I didn't know it being desktop makes a difference, 

It makes all the difference.  We were promised a download of a game, and promised MANY times that it was just around the corner...we weren't promised some flash-based browser game, or some jury-rigged attempt to make flash LOOK like it was a desktop app.

The time for excuses is past.  It's time to give us the game.

In his first post of this thread Adam said "I had pretty much given up on Steam."  Well, Adam, we've pretty much given up on you...

#11 Mr207

Mr207

• Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:52 PM

I agree 100% with TeamTJ.  You started a Kickstarter project and asked us to donate money to finish this game.  We did that, and what do we have to show for it?  The Kickstarter page had an estimated delivery date of December 2012.  It is now over 2 years past that and we haven't been given any indication that we are even CLOSE to a release.

I shouldn't have to play a beta of the game in a web browser at this point.  I should be able to have the game, saved to my computer, playable whenever I want, online or offline.  I should be able to plug in a controller and play the game using it without a 3rd party program like joy2key. To say that it doesn't make a difference if its a desktop application or a web application is asanine. 

The fact that the game isn't out yet is bad enough, the fact that the developer can't even pop in and update us more then every 6 months anymore makes it even worse. 

I hate to say this, because I enjoyed  the original Jetpack so much as a kid and I really want to enjoy this game but...I think I want my money back.

#12 KP21121

KP21121

• Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 10:47 PM

What if you just hide the unfinished sections and focus on making a finished version of things you already have? There must be enough stuff to release a Jetpack 1 look-a-like, which would be great. You might get some income and be able to develop the game further. Plus it would make the backers less louder (because we would be playing this modern Jetpack.) Thank you.

#13 Illari

Illari

Advanced Member

• Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:50 AM

I heard there are engines that run the contents of flash projects without being flash executables or needing any plugin, that can make executables for many platforms. I don't know how 1:1 those are though, and how the performances are.

#14 TheGamerME

TheGamerME

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:41 AM

so when can the 504 backers of your kickstarter expect there payed for perks ?  I just want to know what you did with that almost 14 k in funding you got !  

#15 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 501 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 12:33 AM

There will be a new release very soon, hopefully tomorrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users