29 replies to this topic

#1 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 482 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:18 AM

New release, finally!
No release notes right now. Sleep, blog post tomorrow.

UPDATE: Here's the blog post for this release

#2 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 482 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:36 AM

Actually I'm going to fix the website and any big new bugs before doing the big blog post. Here's the biggest updates:

*Tile groups UI. Make your own moving tile groups and concealed rooms.
*End level stats. Time bonus is based on seconds under par. Not pretty yet.
*All level achievements are now shown on the bottom panel.
*I discovered that Linux only supports Flash 11.2, so now I'm targeting that version. All web builds going forward should work under Linux.

#3 Saga Musix

Saga Musix

• Moderators
  • 178 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

These new additions seem pretty cool so far, here are some bugs I've found:
- In my level "doors" (beta sharing folder), I think the spikes that are now floating above the thin wall tiles (in the middle-right of the level) were previously placed off-grid. Seems like this is not imported correctly anymore.
- Using X to phase doesn't work in level test mode (F2).

#4 Saga Musix

Saga Musix

• Moderators
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:26 AM

More bugs...
- When loading a new level, the new level's music is not played until the game is started. Until then, the music of the previous level is played.
- Not sure if this wanted or not, but "opaque foreground" tiles stay semi-transparent during level test (F2), but not during normal play (Enter)
- Crate debris is not falling down anymore after phasing.
- I sometimes get this message when saving using Shift+S (can't copy the text, hence a screenshot):
Posted Image

#5 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 482 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:13 AM

Thanks Saga!

#6 Saga Musix

Saga Musix

• Moderators
  • 178 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

- If there's a gem at the start position, it is no longer collected automatically. You first have to move to the next field and then move back to the starting field to be able to collect it.

- Loading a candy level and then loading e.g. a castle level will result in colourful gems being shown in the castle level (try loading e.g. my level "Nyan" and then try loading any level that doesn't use the candy theme)

- In fact, the problem with the spikes I mentioned earlier seems to be purely visual. They are loaded correctly, but drawn at a wrong offset. You can even notice this when creating a new level and trying to place some spikes there - they will always look "off-grid".

#7 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 482 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

- If there's a gem at the start position, it is no longer collected automatically. You first have to move to the next field and then move back to the starting field to be able to collect it.

I can't repro this.

#8 Saga Musix

Saga Musix

• Moderators
  • 178 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

I can semi-randomly reproduce it on my "for release" level "rocket base". When I first encountered it, it would always happen. The way I can always reproduce it now is to start the level using F2, then walk to the left, press ESC, restart the level using Enter, walk left, and this time the gem shouldn't be collected.

- During editing, if there are any barriers around a tile that you just placed, and if these barriers are currently open, they will be redrawn with bright colours + animation (as if they were closed).

#9 Illari

Illari

Advanced Member

• Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:26 AM

Now it doesn't log in in the game nor find any levels/folders. I tried accessing via a level's page but it loads emptiness. Throws errors at every while.

#10 Saga Musix

Saga Musix

• Moderators
  • 178 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:54 AM

Works here. But apparently the game is now loaded from cloudflare, so it might be a same origin policy problem.

#11 Saga Musix

Saga Musix

• Moderators
  • 178 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

So, when are we going to see the complete changelog? :)

#12 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 482 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

Apparently CloudFlare decided to cache and improve my /rpc/ folder. It's better now, trying to get the new release out tonight.

#13 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 482 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

New release is up, Illari please let me know if you are still having issues.

#14 Illari

Illari

Advanced Member

• Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:05 AM

The slash key was hard to find as it looks like ÷ and it's in the numpad so I don't think it's in the laptop.

Also tile menu looks oddly blurry.

Now where on earth is the backslash =]

#15 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 482 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:32 AM

The slash key was hard to find as it looks like ÷ and it's in the numpad so I don't think it's in the laptop.

Also tile menu looks oddly blurry.

Now where on earth is the backslash =]

You can also use SHIFT+B for block mode, and assign tile groups while in SHIFT-G mode.

The tile picker now scales, along with the rest of the game.  Is your browser at 100%?

#16 Juan G

Juan G

Advanced Member

• Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

Wow, you've done an excellent job putting all the features together. The tile group system is very powerful, although the Tile Group dialog is a bit hard to understand.

These are some bugs:
> When I try to create a new folder or delete an existing folder, Error #1009 shows up and no changes seem to be done to the folder list until the next time I load the entire editor.
> Has the trackbot movement be tweaked in the last release? When a trackbot is on a ladder it doesn't seem to track Jetman correctly. See the "STRANGE TRACKBOT BEHAVIOR" bug level.
> Pressing Shift+E or Shift+I in a textbox shouldn't be considered as pressing an special key. The same happens with P while editing a text sign.
> After Jetman gets trapped with a block or a switch barrier, the jetpack can still be used pressing Shift or Ctrl. Jetman won't move but smoke will come out from the jetpack. See the "JETPACK AFTER BEING TRAPPED" bug level.
> Dead Jetman isn't removed from the screen when he stays on the floor. Try losing with the spring in the "LEVEL STATE AFTER CHECKPOINT" level.
> Open the Tile Groups dialog, choose one of the tile groups and click the Effect combobox. Without selecting an effect, close the dialog clicking the upper-right corner. The combobox items will remain visible.
> If a box is placed in free range mode partially over a box placed normally, the boxes will block themselves and don't fall. See the "BOXES BLOCK THEMSELVES" bug level.

Some other comments:
> The "SPRINGS ON CONVEYORS" and "BALLS GROUP AFTER STUNNER" bug levels were fixed. I've deleted them.

> When respawing from a checkpoint, everything in the level is reset except the starting location of Jetman. This can make some levels impossible to win. See the "LEVEL STATE AFTER CHECKPOINT" bug level for an example. Maybe the exact level state should be saved when activating a checkpoint and restored when respawing?

> It took me some time to realize that the Fade to Darken and Fade to Lighten tiles have 12 different positions. Why not splitting them into 3 tiles with 4 different positions each (like most of the other rotatable tiles have)?

> The achievements that consist on winning without doing something (e.g. without teleporting, without jumping, etc.) are completed only after Jetman exits the level. That's OK, but I think it'd be a good idea to notify the player when it becomes impossible to complete an achievement. Just a suggestion: the "winning without jumping" achievement icon could start mid-enabled and become completely disabled after Jetman jumps for the first time.

#17 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 482 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

Wow, you've done an excellent job putting all the features together. The tile group system is very powerful, although the Tile Group dialog is a bit hard to understand.

Thank Juan, what parts of the Tile Group Editor are you having trouble with?

> When respawing from a checkpoint, everything in the level is reset except the starting location of Jetman. This can make some levels impossible to win. See the "LEVEL STATE AFTER CHECKPOINT" bug level for an example. Maybe the exact level state should be saved when activating a checkpoint and restored when respawing?

I can make the suicide option start you from the beginning again, but continuing from the same state could lead to the same problem.

> The achievements that consist on winning without doing something (e.g. without teleporting, without jumping, etc.) are completed only after Jetman exits the level. That's OK, but I think it'd be a good idea to notify the player when it becomes impossible to complete an achievement. Just a suggestion: the "winning without jumping" achievement icon could start mid-enabled and become completely disabled after Jetman jumps for the first time.

Good idea, thanks!

#18 Draken Stark

Draken Stark

• Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

Found an error in the Mar 20 2013, 2:45pm EDT release:
http://www.jetpackhq...jetpack-online/

Click menu and then select Level settings. Select a new background and then click menu again. Close the menu.
Should create an error weither or not you close the menu first.

**** WARNING: unknown menu item:close

#19 Illari

Illari

Advanced Member

• Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:59 AM

You can also use SHIFT+B for block mode, and assign tile groups while in SHIFT-G mode.

That sounds a lot easier to remember too. I like the moving blocks dialog but perhaps you should be able to click any point on the screen and it would translate to coordinates. On ellipses I don't know how what 'track' does nor am entirely sure about 'axis ratio'.

The tile picker now scales, along with the rest of the game.  Is your browser at 100%?

Yes it is and I think I remember it being mentioned ages ago but Jetman also becomes blurry at random points, and sharp again.

No gold achievement doesn't count idol as gold, I don't know if it was intentional but seems like a bug.

When I remove a level in 'My Levels' and try to replace it with the one in 'Beta Sharing', it shows an error and can't show 'My Levels' anymore until restart. The level does get replaced though.

#20 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 482 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:20 AM

On ellipses I don't know how what 'track' does nor am entirely sure about 'axis ratio'.

Track makes the block keep its shape, while tracking a single point which is tracing the ellipse. Axis ratio is the ratio of X to Y, for stretching the ellipse.

I think I remember it being mentioned ages ago but Jetman also becomes blurry at random points, and sharp again.

Oh, that's the auto-quality kicking in due to low frame rate.

No gold achievement doesn't count idol as gold, I don't know if it was intentional but seems like a bug.

That's intentional, the idols are special.

When I remove a level in 'My Levels' and try to replace it with the one in 'Beta Sharing', it shows an error and can't show 'My Levels' anymore until restart. The level does get replaced though.

"an error", that's not very helpful! By remove, you mean delete? What do you mean by replace?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users