Photo

Status Update

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Blog vs Forum (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you prefer to read updates in the blog, or the news forum?

1. Blog (7 votes [70.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

2. Forum (3 votes [30.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 501 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

It's been a while since the last update, here's what I've been doing. The December goal is still in reach, although it may mean cutting back on a few features.

I've been spending a ton of time refactoring a lot of code in preparation for porting. I was surprised by how long this took, since it's mostly just rearranging. The Flash dependent stuff is now 95% isolated from the rest of the code. I also moved as much code as possible into the library, for reuse in other projects:

* The flash platform code is 120k
* The rest of the library is 1260k
* The Jetpack-specific code is 1250k

I created a GUI definition & skinning system, separating layout from content, to make GUI creation less of a hassle. I have the level browser left to convert, then I'll create the GUI for moving platforms, etc.

Once that's done, I'll get on all the new bugs and do a final release before porting, or attempted porting.

Adam

#2 DarkWolfNine

DarkWolfNine

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

I am cool with it either way. Or both, if people prefer. I liked the email I received when the blog status update happened. I need to subscribe to this forum, so I can see the updates here as well (via email?!) I just subscribed, so hopefully I will receive emails from your posts in this forum. :) I guess I'm non-partial to either option chosen. (Doesn't help much, I know.)

#3 vielhuber

vielhuber

• Beta Tester
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:23 PM

Interesting to hear some news! I think it is a very nice move to port the code in order to make this project future proof!
Please give us some more updates on the progress, we are waiting for it.

#4 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 501 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

My house flooded, 2-3 inches of water in the whole house. So I've been out of action for a week. I'm working on the laptop now, hoping I can get my main workstation up again soon!

#5 Saga Musix

Saga Musix

• Moderators
  • 179 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

Damn, you really aren't on a streak of luck, are you. :\ I hope that everything works out for you!

#6 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 501 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:53 AM

Yeah, welcome to my life!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users