• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 554 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 02:13 PM

Well finally, here it is!  I am happy to announce, Jetpack 2 is finally released!
To reward your patience, this message includes a Fan Appreciation Discount of 25% off.

It has been a long road with many setbacks to get to this point.  The original plan was to release in 2010, but life interfered, and I was unwilling to compromise on quality.  I'm very proud of the quality of the game now, and that is also due to the great work of my most helpful and commited beta testers and level designers: InsaneJetman and SagaMusix.  I also want to thank the people who contributed art assets, music and sound effects to the project.  This has been a labor of love, and I'm not expecting big profits, but I'll be happy if people really enjoy the game.

The version playable on JetpackHQ will automatically recognize your license key, and works on all platforms.  It will even work on ipad, if you use the Puffin Browser.
The windows downloadable with full screen is available now.  I am looking into building downloadables for other platforms.

Fan Appreciation 25% discount code: "finally"

Now get out there and make some levels!

Thanks,
Adam Pedersen

#2 Ductos

Ductos

• Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 10:24 PM

Congrats on release, Adam! 

If I make a video of me playing Jetpack 2, I'll let you know. Will be a follow-up to the video I made on Part 1 last year. 

#3 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 554 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 01:31 AM

Thanks, and cool video!

#4 KP21121

KP21121

• Beta Tester
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 04:55 AM

Yeeeeah! Great to have Jetpack 2 on my desktop. Congrats!

#5 Saga Musix

Saga Musix

• Moderators
  • 191 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:58 AM

We made it! \o/

#6 Saga Musix

Saga Musix

• Moderators
  • 191 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:29 AM

My part of the soundtrack, spanning five tracks and three game-over cues (I think all of them have been used? :)) is now available for free on bandcamp:
https://sagamusix.ba...album/jetpack-2

#7 donmartin

donmartin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 02:16 PM

Hey! Thanks for Jetpack2 from germany. Waiting all the years and now, playing JP2! Great! But....i am sorry, when i in the Programm, i ll miss the "EXIT" oder Game End Button?! Where is the EXIT? See my screenshoot .....

#8 OrcishGrunt

OrcishGrunt

Advanced Member

• Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 02:34 PM

Congratulations on the release! Looks like it's time for me to start Jetpack-ing again. :)

I wish you the best of luck!

#9 donmartin

donmartin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 02:35 PM

Where is the quit or exit / Game End Button?

29594910si.jpg

#10 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 554 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 03:08 PM

Thanks everyone!  I'll be including a Quit option in the next release :)

#11 OrcishGrunt

OrcishGrunt

Advanced Member

• Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 08:47 PM

For fellow Linux users: I can confirm that Jetpack 2 Windows works quite well in Wine, from what I've tested. I've played through 44% of The Infernal Maze Pt. 1 and so far, no problems. I do hope a native Linux build can come out.

#12 donmartin

donmartin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:13 AM

:D Test with Cheats from Old Jetpack failed.......  :rolleyes:  hmmmmm Like the game, it feel like christmas .... have a nice week

#13 KP21121

KP21121

• Beta Tester
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:35 AM

If you have time, it would be great if players had an ability to vote for the shared levels so the true gems would show up. Would help a longevity a great deal.

By the way, is importing my own jetpack 1 levels possible?

#14 Saga Musix

Saga Musix

• Moderators
  • 191 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:36 AM

By the way, is importing my own jetpack 1 levels possible?

Try Shift-I.

#15 KP21121

KP21121

• Beta Tester
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:18 PM

Try Shift-I.

Thanks! A dream come true! I would be too old to copy them manually. By the way, good job with musics!

Another idea I had (if you plan to take the game further) would be that a player could form a episode consisting 10 of his/her own levels and share the episodes with others. That's something that was always missing from pretty much every game with level editors.

#16 PPX14

PPX14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:29 PM

I spent so long trying to find that game I used to play at my grandfather's house with my sister, where you play as Father Christmas, with the Grecian Baths level, and the cool metallic sounds, and the INSANE level with the steel boulders and teleportation pads, and the harrowing scream when you died and disintegrated.  I searched through all those random shareware compilation CDs from PC magazines and couldn't find it.  And then at university must have somehow found out its name, and found a version of the xmas one online that didn't work, and gave up.  And then came across this website, and the rather impressive trailer for a sequel, and the steam greenlight page saying it had been greenlit, and the GOG petition.

And then out of the blue I saw the e-mail today!   Congrats!          I've been resisting the Steam Summer Sale but I think I shall indulge here :D

#17 PPX14

PPX14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:40 PM

Oh, on the Your Payment Method page, after billing address,  it says No payment modules have been installed.   Is it because I'm in the UK?

#18 InsaneJetman

InsaneJetman

• Moderators
  • 291 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:11 PM

Oh, on the Your Payment Method page, after billing address,  it says No payment modules have been installed.   Is it because I'm in the UK?

Someone else seemed to be having the same issue. Maybe things aren't working in other currencies? Hopefully Adam can address this issue. Meanwhile you could try purchasing in USD. Hopefully your credit card company doesn't rob you too badly on the exchange rate. Let us know how that goes if you try.

Also Adam: I've got two "Dollar" options. I presume one is CAD (from the change in price, and maybe it's detecting that I'm in Canada, tho AUD is pretty similar) and the other USD. Unfortunately they're both just labelled "Dollar - $", so it's not clear.

#19 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 554 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 09:44 PM

Ok, so apparently it's not enough to set up the currency, you also have to enable it in some obscure place.  It should be working now, sorry for the trouble!

#20 User7287635

User7287635

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:49 AM

It's about time. It's been so long that I have lost my memory. I don't recall being called User7287635; how weird.

Anyway, congratulations on getting the game released.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users