8 replies to this topic

#1 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 491 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:52 PM

New Features
* added grid 7 for opaque tiles, so they don't interfere with scenery - no more holding shift to place all the time!
* added grid 8 for overlays - fades & scenery can now be used either under or OVER opaque tiles
* added best time & best score to level preview in mission map
* level end stats now animate

Fixes
* fixed issue of 2x2 tiles being offset in the editor - if you placed any 2x2 scenery since the last release, please double check its position!
* fixed a bug in trackbot AI
* respawning in an obstacle is now handled

Bug Levels
Most bug levels are fixed, please delete yours if it is fixed.

#2 BillyMaysFan59

BillyMaysFan59

• Beta Tester
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:48 PM

Cool! I'll try it now. :-)

EDIT: Like the new animated stats window.

#3 Saga Musix

Saga Musix

• Moderators
  • 179 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:40 PM

Actually it looks like the missle sludge bug got even worse now. :\

#4 Illari

Illari

Advanced Member

• Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:21 AM

Not too many bugs:

Level map background doesn't tile at all, and black transition between main menu and editor only covers part of the screen.

Borders of zoomed thumbnails still can go partially outside the furthest possible visible area.

Not a bug, but I'd prefer the best time & score to be in Jetpack font to not be disorientating.

Not a bug, but I'd prefer levels to say how many idols you are missing, instead of how many you need in total.

I'm not sure the completion percentages are calculated correctly. I was missing only two achievements but the number looked lower than that. It might presume every level has three achievements.

The screen twitches up&down occasionally. I don't really mind but it is definitely a bug, and for some reason it has happened most often in There And Back Again.

In enemies with move effect start broke bug level, the enemies aren't fully controlled now, but kind of slide off from their paths instead.

Repulsor glitch bug level still has Jetman stop mid-air, when certain arrows are pressed. The middle part of the level means nothing, the edges are where the bug's at.

#5 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 491 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:21 AM

Thanks for the feedback!

#6 Jeff

Jeff

• Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:09 PM

Probably not the right thread, but what happened to all my levels? don't see any of them :(

Except for the gemstone city level in the official release folder (thanks for fixing this level btw).

Have one suggestion for the controls: if you're in the air and hit jump, should activate jetpack if you have fuel. This is how it works in Spelunky and I find that it works quite nicely.

Edit: oh nevermind. I see there's two releases and one's for level editing.

#7 Illari

Illari

Advanced Member

• Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:59 AM

Level map background tiles properly, as long as you don't visit the tutorial mission map, after that it doesn't.

Stopped enemies not being entirely stopped affects stunned enemies as well, perhaps this was intentional, but it breaks one of the achievements in Missile Maze.

#8 Illari

Illari

Advanced Member

• Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:29 AM

Move lines with 'reverse' checked don't always go to the reverse position at the start of the level, and I have no idea when does it go there and when not. I tried making an unrelated bug level, which happened to require a block of tiles starting in the far away position, but it didn't, which means I couldn't even illustrate this another bug I was intending to.

#9 Illari

Illari

Advanced Member

• Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:18 PM

Oops, already explored it further in a bug level.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users