• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 483 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:59 PM

Note: See the new features level in the Full Editor release - now at jetpackhq.com/play-jetpack-online/editor/

Linux
This release adds full screen, which requires a higher version of Flash than Linux supports.  Therefore, I've created a separate Linux release that targets Flash v11.2 - see the Linux link on the play page.  You can also use this release if you are stuck with an older version of Flash Player.

Full Screen
* The hotkey for toggling full screen mode is HOME+ENTER.  You can also go full screen from the options menu.
* Since Flash exits full screen mode when ESCAPE is pressed, you can now use the END key as well as ESCAPE
* The aspect ratio is limited to 1.2, so you'll get black bars on the right and left if you have a widescreen monitor.

Joysticks
I was going to add joystick support in the web game, the code is all ready to go.  Unfortunately, once again Adobe has revealed how they truly suck - after announcing joystick support 3 years ago, and finally actually getting it functional in flash very recently, it turns out to only work very, very badly.  The control ids they assign are a complete disaster.  One joystick uses axis0 for X, and axis1 for Y, as god intended.  Plug in a different one, and suddenly axis0-3 is X and axis4 is Y.  One sets standard buttons to button5-8.  Another uses button5-8 for the left thumb control.  There is no standardization, and no way to tell the layout of a particular game controller.  What a mess :(  

The downloadable version has joystick support because I'm using the AirControl native extension, which is written by someone who obviously cares a lot more about quality than Adobe.
Really, I'm close to porting this whole thing away from Adobe.  The only reason I'm hanging in there is because I still have hope for the web version.

Game
* In perfectionist mode, checkpoints will no longer activate
* Elimated death by impact, except for crush from above
* Fixed some performance issues
* many level backgrounds desaturated, some darkened

Editor
* candy tileset: replaced licorice with white tile - recommend use of this to give candy levels more structure & contrast
* candy tileset: added candy door, and scenery tiles
* nature tileset: added water background, and many new tiles.  All tilesets are pretty much done.
* ladders moved to grid 3
* many scenery tiles are now available in bg & fg
* fixed several tile group issues
* new "restartable" tile group option.  If not set, when a tile group reaches its iteration total, it is done for good

* new "once only" tile group trigger option
* tile groups can now trigger sounds
* New tile group effect: "Make Dynamic".  Note this won't work well with all tiles.
* SPAWNING! the "create" tile group effect can now use iterations and duration to continuously spawn anything (creations no longer fade in).  If the tile already exists at that position (it hasn't moved), another will not be created.  With great power comes great responsibility - don't kill the processor, because spawned things are never destroyed!
* Level notes are now shown on load
* BREAKING CHANGE: Touch switches are not longer triggered by something becoming un-trapped
* BREAKING CHANGE: Had to change weight & friction of some pushables

New Trigger Switches
There are 2 new tiles, a trigger switch and trigger touch switch, for triggering tile groups.  You can now have banks of switches for controlling tile groups, and enemies/moving blocks can trigger tile groups.  This greatly increases gameplay possibilities.

See the Level Editor Guide for information on using the new features.

#2 InsaneJetman

InsaneJetman

• Moderators
  • 220 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:23 PM

Sounds exciting, I look forward to trying this stuff. Now I just need some more free time! :lol:

#3 BillyMaysFan59

BillyMaysFan59

• Beta Tester
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:59 PM

Great job as always!

One quick thing I'd like to get off my chest here: (a little off topic) I would love to see this game on GOG.com. Voted for it on their wishlist here:

http://www.gog.com/w...games/jetpack_2

#4 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 483 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:20 PM

Great job as always!

One quick thing I'd like to get off my chest here: (a little off topic) I would love to see this game on GOG.com. Voted for it on their wishlist here:

http://www.gog.com/w...games/jetpack_2

Cool thanks, I didn't know that was there!

#5 BillyMaysFan59

BillyMaysFan59

• Beta Tester
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:30 PM

Cool thanks, I didn't know that was there!

I had convinced others on the GOG forums to vote for the wish as well, via this thread:

http://www.gog.com/f...ur_choice/page1

Sure glad to see that so many people there are interested in the game.

#6 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 483 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:27 PM

I had convinced others on the GOG forums to vote for the wish as well, via this thread:

http://www.gog.com/f...ur_choice/page1

Sure glad to see that so many people there are interested in the game.

Oh sweet, thanks!  People seem interested in Jetpack 2, but businesses not so much..

#7 Illari

Illari

Advanced Member

• Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:56 AM

Play a level, press restart, trapped enemies will pop out of their traps.

#8 Juan G

Juan G

Advanced Member

• Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:20 AM

Play a level, press restart, trapped enemies will pop out of their traps.

Besides, if a barrier is switched off by default in a level, it'll be automatically switched on after restarting it.

#9 Illari

Illari

Advanced Member

• Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:20 PM

And after restarting all 'appear' tiles appear.

#10 Illari

Illari

Advanced Member

• Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:45 PM

Gold piles don't have the visual effect all other items have when collected.

#11 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 483 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:22 PM

Thanks for the bug reports guys, will get a new release out tomorrow.

#12 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 483 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:53 PM

New release out, fixing the biggest bugs reported.

Note: Most bug levels should be fixed, please delete if they are.

#13 Illari

Illari

Advanced Member

• Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:01 AM

Trapped loops some error after Jetman falls a bit. The background in world map doesn't fill the whole area.

#14 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 483 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:34 PM

Ok the April 7 release was broken so I had to roll it back until I fixed it.  Those things should be working now.

Also: I removed the "restartable" tile group effect and added a similar "once only" tile group trigger

#15 Juan G

Juan G

Advanced Member

• Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:26 PM

Editor

* ladders moved to grid 3

I just noticed that, when the tile picker is opened, the ladder in still displayed on the layer 2 icon.

#16 Juan G

Juan G

Advanced Member

• Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:41 PM

Trigger switches and trigger touch switches don't play any sound when they're pressed. I don't know if this was intentional, but if it was, I think it'd be a good idea to add the switch sound to the list of available sounds in tile groups, so we can make trigger switches sound like normal switches.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users