bug report

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 InsaneJetman

InsaneJetman

• Moderators
  • 295 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:54 PM

I just had the music track playing twice (out of sync with itself). When I muted the music, only one of them stopped so I still heard music.

I'm not sure what brought this on, but I had been loading several levels in quick succession.

#22 Illari

Illari

Advanced Member

• Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:14 PM

Some thumbnail borders don't entirely fit on the screen leading to a part of them getting cut off now when zoomed, on There and Back Again, and the levels on the very right. Boxed In and Tutorial thumbnails move a tiny bit off-center when zoomed.

In Trapped, the checkpoint on the left will resurrect Jetman inside a wall, because of the moving effect at start, while in Candy Factory, Jetman can't get out of the room with the checkpoints after resurrecting, because of the blue barriers closing.

#23 Illari

Illari

Advanced Member

• Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:38 AM

I disabled stains on a level, saved, and opened another level, and the stains were still disabled, despite the box never being checked in the latter one.

#24 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 560 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:47 PM

In Trapped, the checkpoint on the left will resurrect Jetman inside a wall, because of the moving effect at start, while in Candy Factory, Jetman can't get out of the room with the checkpoints after resurrecting, because of the blue barriers closing.

I couldn't repro either of these, as long as the level does not have "reset on death" checked, the start effect and barriers should not reset.  Are you still seeing this?

#25 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 560 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:49 PM

I disabled stains on a level, saved, and opened another level, and the stains were still disabled, despite the box never being checked in the latter one.

I can't repro this either.  Is it consistent?

#26 Illari

Illari

Advanced Member

• Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:33 PM

I couldn't repro either of these, as long as the level does not have "reset on death" checked, the start effect and barriers should not reset.  Are you still seeing this?

It was a side effect of how playing on perfectionist apparently makes all levels reset on death, instead of resetting everything as presumably intended.

I only now realized that, when no progress had been made before dying, and the level resets regardless of the box being checked or not, the timer isn't reset despite doing that being the point of the level resetting too. 50 points are taken as well.

I don't know what's happening in the editor, a few times I've started playtesting a level and the graphics stayed like they were while editing, tiny green arrows on marbles, glowing selections etc.

Finally, starting a game after removing a save and making another, is sometimes only possible after refreshing the page/game, as the button won't press.

#27 InsaneJetman

InsaneJetman

• Moderators
  • 295 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:41 AM

Text boxes don't always get the focus when they come up. Specifically when you create a text sign or help icon, sometimes you have to click in the text area before you can begin typing.

This also happens after clicking filter in the level browser.

#28 Adam Dobay

Adam Dobay

Advanced Member

• Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:27 AM

Two music-related bugs:

- When playing the campaign, when I die the music may shut off. It usually comes back after the next death.

- When launching the game muted and then unmuting in a level, the intro music comes on regardless of the level music. Dying two times resets the music for the proper level music.

#29 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 560 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:26 AM

It was a side effect of how playing on perfectionist apparently makes all levels reset on death, instead of resetting everything as presumably intended.

I only now realized that, when no progress had been made before dying, and the level resets regardless of the box being checked or not, the timer isn't reset despite doing that being the point of the level resetting too. 50 points are taken as well.

I don't know what's happening in the editor, a few times I've started playtesting a level and the graphics stayed like they were while editing, tiny green arrows on marbles, glowing selections etc.

Finally, starting a game after removing a save and making another, is sometimes only possible after refreshing the page/game, as the button won't press.

Ahh ok.  If the direction indicators (green arrows) stay on, it should be because you entered "live" edit mode with F2, where you can both play and edit.

#30 InsaneJetman

InsaneJetman

• Moderators
  • 295 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:55 PM

The position of where spikes are drawn has been bugging me. It seems they are drawn slightly outside of the square that they are in. I'm guessing this is done on purpose so the spikes appear close to their actual kill zone. However, when I look closely it seems the amount they are drawn out is different: left & top 3 pixels, right & bottom 2 pixels. I think it's this difference that's been bugging me. To my eye, the less the shift the better it looks and the 3 pixel cropped spikes don't look good.

5cc56w.jpg

#31 Illari

Illari

Advanced Member

• Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:35 AM

All mouseover events seem to only work when mouse enters the area, but never when a button appears behind the mouse, which means the player has to move the mouse out of the area and back again for the event to take place.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bug, report

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users