5 replies to this topic

#1 Joseph Collins

Joseph Collins

• Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

Mandatory warning:

The following video is a tool-assisted superplay, meaning that it was done with things like save states, speed and frame control, luck manipulation, and so forth.  This is by no means intended to be a legitimate record of any kind other than as far as TASes go.  It is done purely for entertainment purposes and should not be viewed as "cheating" or "dishonest", as it does not claim to be played normally.  Please do not view it as anything more than an entertaining video which could answer the question of "what it Jetpack was beaten by someone with superhuman skills?"

----------

This... may be of some interest.  :3

TASVideos - DOS Jetpack (1.5 freeware) completed in 32:22.56 by slamo

One of the good members of the TASVideos community decided to give the final release of Jetpack a whirl.  I have no problem saying that when I saw this was up on TASVideos, I just about spazzed!  Not only is this a unique way to remind people Jetpack exists, but it's also a lot of fun to see the game beaten with skills far beyond that of any human being!  At least, I think it is.  People do some darn amazing things in tool-assisted videos, and this is no exception.

Give this video a view, folks!  You won't be disappointed!  ^_^

#2 OrcishGrunt

OrcishGrunt

Advanced Member

• Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:04 AM

Epic. Just plain epic.

#3 Illari

Illari

Advanced Member

• Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

Beautiful. I'm not the one named Ilari in the credits. I look up to him now, specifically him.

#4 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 561 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

Wow, that looks like a lot of effort!

#5 Joseph Collins

Joseph Collins

• Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:09 AM

Ah most definitely.  I've dabbled a little in tool-assisted superplays myself, and I can tell you... it is a lot of work!  A simple few-minute game could take you hours to get just right, if you're going to for absolute and total perfection.  This movie, for example, had over 50,000 "re-records" over the course of the 32 minute run and in those re-records, mistakes were corrected, routes were optimized, random number generators were manipulated, and probably a few other things I'm forgetting happened.

But ya know...  When a movie turns out this pixel-perfect and this entertaining, it really is worth all the effort.  Doubly so if it happens to be a game you really enjoy!

#6 OrcishGrunt

OrcishGrunt

Advanced Member

• Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

Lol now I wonder if someone's gonna do a tool assisted speedrun of Jetpack 2 when it comes out :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jetpack, MS-DOS, TAS, tool-assisted superplay, complete playthrough, TASvideos.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users