Photo

Back in ye olde days (or: your first Jetpack experience)

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 exactspace

exactspace

• Beta Tester
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:37 PM

I can play the Jetpack 1 from the files folder here in the Community. I just saw a few of those Megahits 80, games, and wanted to go back for memory sake. Although it would be impossible to find that disc now..
Thanks ExactSpace.

That is awesome that 3 of them are AdeptSoftware. :)

For the life of me I can't find it nor can I find a download online! Ahhh

I'll keep an eye out, sorry!

#22 exactspace

exactspace

• Beta Tester
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:42 PM

Oh here ya go.

https://ia600600.us....ahitsshareware/

Gonna try load this up on DOS Box =)

#23 DarkWolfNine

DarkWolfNine

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:19 PM

Thanks Exact! Greatly appreciated. :)

#24 J.B. Lewis

J.B. Lewis

• Beta Tester
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:05 AM

My first experience ever playing Jetpack was at a friend's house when I was about 8 or 9. He had a demo version of the game that had (I believe) 10 levels:

- Welcome to Jetpack

- The Complex

- The Marble Worm

- Fuel Shortage

- Mission: Possible

- Beginners' Labyrinth

- Centipack

- Work Those Leg Muscles

- A-Maze-Ing 1

I may be missing a level in there somewhere. Unfortunately, I never got past A1, primarily because WTLM was such a pain, especially at that age. Mission: Possible also felt ridiculously hard, at least compared to the version in the game proper - but that was probably just due to my lack of experience. However, I did manage to beat it twice, barely escaping with a few lives. Eventually, a few years later in 2000, I discovered that Jetpack was a free download with 100 levels. I set out to take on an epic quest to complete the game, which thankfully didn't take too long. Most of my time afterward was spent creating levels. I designed over 150 or so and was quite fascinated with those created by other people too.

Today, I primarily focus my creative efforts on a classic puzzle/action game called Chip's Challenge and its accompanying fan community. We're attempting a retrofitting project of our own in a sense, assembling a level pack that's designed to be a free, legal replacement for the original game, which is virtually no longer legally available, and updating Tile World, an free emulator of the game, with a new interface. But there's still nothing quite like Jetpack. :) I'm excited to be back.

Posted Image

#25 OrcishGrunt

OrcishGrunt

Advanced Member

• Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:39 AM

(POST UPDATED ON 10/15/13, the very day I beat the game)

Hi, I'm new here but I thought I'd chime in and share my first experience playing Jetpack.

Oddly enough, it was pretty recent. Back in 2009, I was browsing around on a site called Classic DOS Games (now RGB Classic Games) because I was downloading some old shareware classics that I played back when I was less than 10 years old, on an old DOS computer. And I had never heard of Jetpack before until I came across it on that website. After reading the guy's review on it I thought, "Sounds cool, I should try this."

It quickly became a favorite. I probably played it more (and still do) than any other DOS game in my collection. I also found it to be devilishly hard sometimes. (As a matter of fact, I've been stuck on Level 95 for a long time but I just beat it and now I've beaten the game as well) I'm certainly not the best player in town, but nonetheless, I just can't stop coming back to it. I've been playing with the level editor and I'm currently working on my own level pack. (which I might put up for download someday on something like 2shared or my own fan site) I also like playing levels created by other people.

Overall, it's been one of those games that I wish I discovered back when I was a little kid and we were still playing on our old DOS computers. But at least I have it now, and I'm sure Jetpack 2 will be epic. :)

#26 Rishky

Rishky

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

My dad brought home Jetpack on a floppy that a friend had given him at work. I'm pretty sure I played it more than my dad and my brother combined; I was addicted to the level editor. Great game!

#27 Prestb

Prestb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

I was about 3 or 4 when I first played Jetpack. I remember harassing my dad to download Jetpack to the computer when I couldn't find it. Good times.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users