Obviously I'm not making the end of April goal with the game release, but it's getting close.
* Game no longer resets or pauses on player death. If respawning causes the player to be in an unwinnable situation, they will need to select "restart level" from the menu. Try to plan your levels so that doesn't happen.
* Added Options menu
* Level end summary is now pretty
* Small tweaks lead to big changes: I got a font editor to make the exclamation point readable, and found that it wasn't too tricky to make some other changes. I've added lower case to the Jetpack font! It looks much nicer. I ran a script to save you the trouble of converting all your existing levels to Title Case. Feel free to modify your title. Due to the additional space, I've also increased the title char limit by 8, to 36. The level browser now uses the Jetpack font, which makes it a little less readable, but it looks nice.
I also added dollar sign - ampersand would be nice but looks like too much work. If anyone else knows how and wants to add it let me know.
* Fixed most known bugs
* Sign commands must come after any message. You may now specify more than one trigger. To specify a & b, use @trigger:ab:on@ NOTE: don't forget, if you don't specify on or off, the default behavior is to TOGGLE. 2 toggles = no change.
* Most FG scenery now goes underneath the opaque layer. Exceptions are vines & struts
* Destroy tile group now fades out, unless duration=0
* Added 2 small blood stain tiles
Note: You can quickly quit playtest mode by pressing ESC Q
Current behavior is for invisible triggers to disappear on contact ONLY if they show a message. Is that confusing? I could change to removing all on contact, unless @noremove@ is specified.
> Holding down Shift + number flips the layer filter on and off (number + shift works fine tho).
This is a feature!
“Bug Reports” Folder Levels
(Please delete the level when you confirm the issue is fixed)
FUEL MISER ACHIEVEMENT ICON (Juang) - fixed
STUN. ENEMIES ENTER TELEPOR. (Juang) - since blocks use every teleporter, stunned enemies should too - changed the bats though
TRICKY SWITCHES (Saga Musix) - fixed
INSANE BUGS (InsaneJetman) - fixed
centered on ladder, miss triggers - they toggle by default, so you are hitting 2 toggles at once=on/off. use @trigger:e:on@
still circle: the physical pos of that tile is the center of it, not the center of the grid cell it's placed in
EFFECT TIMING (InsaneJetman) - fixed?
THIN WALL OF DOOM W/ PURPLE (Illari) - fixed
HITBOXAND1VASEPIXELTHRUWALL (Illari) - i could shrink the contact radius for items but this would make it more of a pain to gather things, having to be positioned more exactly - comments?
FIRST THING YOU PRESS DOWN (Illari) - fixed
FIRST THING YOU PRESS JUMP (Illari) - fixed
FADE IN TRAPPED ENEMY BLINKS (Illari) - fixed
TRAPPED BOXES ESCAPE (Illari) - fixed
MOVING SPRINGS (Juan G) - frickin springs - fixed
REPULSOR GLITCH (Illari) - todo
MISSLE SLUDGE BUG (Saga Musix) - todo