29 replies to this topic

#21 Illari

Illari

Advanced Member

• Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:53 AM

It seems any time I save a new level in the 'My Levels' folder, the folder stops showing any levels in it so it's seemingly empty, yet still does know how many levels there are supposed to be, under the caption. It says

HQ: Missing folder_id
Cmd=level/list
URL=http://www.jetpackhq...rpc/level/list/

The level does get saved and everything becomes normal again when reloading the game until the next time I save a new level in that folder.

#22 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 483 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

OK, new release is up, I've fixed most of the issues and hopefully not introduced too many more!

Bug Levels:
LEVEL STATE AFTER CHECKPOINT - this is by design, don't put a checkpoint there!
JETPACK AFTER BEING TRAPPED - I kinda like this effect

#23 Illari

Illari

Advanced Member

• Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

Making some fun stuff with invisible blocks! Only thing, barriers that start as open don't become invisible at start, when using (never triggered) fade in. Open barriers that start as closed do work, as do closed barriers whether closed afterwards or at start. Trapped enemies are always visible even if they shouldn't, but not the barrier.

'The Trapper' gets completed even when there's a peppermint rolling around.

#24 Jeff

Jeff

• Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:53 AM

New features are fun!

Made a silly level using a few tile groups. Good stuff.

#25 Illari

Illari

Advanced Member

• Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:39 AM

^That ice hahaha  ^_^

Amazing features and level too!

#26 Juan G

Juan G

Advanced Member

• Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:26 AM

I've been testing the Tile Group system. Here are some bugs:
> Switching between the At Start and Proximity triggers in a tile group has no effect until the second time the level is played.
> Load your "2013-03 NEW FEATURES" level, in which the exit door is hidden by the stones. Open the Tile Groups dialog, select the K tile group and, without modifying any option, close the dialog. Now press ENTER to test the level. The stones that were hiding the exit door will have disappeared. The next time you test the level the stones will be there again.
> A tile group with the At Start trigger and the Destroy effect makes the tiles invisible but they aren't actually destroyed. See the "INVISIBLE BUT NOT DESTROYED" bug level.
> There seems to be a problem with tile groups when the Proximity, (Auto Off) and (Off Reverses) triggers are enabled. Take a look at the "BLINKING ELEVATOR" bug level.

what parts of the Tile Group Editor are you having trouble with?

> I suppose Range only affects to the Proximity trigger. It'd be clearer to use a different name, like Proximity Range, or enable the Range textbox only when Proximity is checked.
> The MoveLine effect should accept an X/Y offset. For example, if I just want to move a group of blocks 3 tiles up and 1 right, I have to calculate the angle and the distance, which isn't very intuitive!
> I'm not sure how the MoveEllipse effect works when the Track coordinates are entered. If Track is left empty, I've seen that the tiles circle around the Center coordinates. In that case, as Illari said, there should be a way of getting the coordinates of any point on the screen.

I can make the suicide option start you from the beginning again, but continuing from the same state could lead to the same problem.

Bug Levels:
LEVEL STATE AFTER CHECKPOINT - this is by design, don't put a checkpoint there!

When starting from the beggining, it's OK to go back to the initial state removing the gems and treasure you already collected. But the purpose of a checkpoint is not having to do the same actions you already did before activating it. If starting from a checkpoint means that all switches are in the same state as in the beginning, you may have to go back and press them again anyway. However, I also understand that in many levels this behavior might be unwanted.

#27 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 483 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:53 AM

If you don't have a block selected, you can get coordinates just my moving the mouse around.

See the 2012 demo for an example of how ellipse track works.

#28 Illari

Illari

Advanced Member

• Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

Tried playing without being logged in, throws

SYSTEM ERROR

Error #1009

any time you open a folder, and then shows the contents normally.

It's been on the back of my mind for a while, that the Anonymous folder's a bit of a random folder, it seems a few put all their levels there, and then there's the small random things that don't even get put in the Beta Sharing but are kind of dumped there (the last, and just the last, level in the folder shows who (a beta tester) made it).

So maybe it's not the most optimal advert for new users, and there should be a separate random folder for Beta testers, and free folder with a few levels from Beta Sharing picked in some coordinated way. I'm not sure free users need to be able to share levels as far as they can save them on their account.

#29 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 483 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:54 AM

Tried playing without being logged in, throws

SYSTEM ERROR

Error #1009

any time you open a folder, and then shows the contents normally.

It's been on the back of my mind for a while, that the Anonymous folder's a bit of a random folder, it seems a few put all their levels there, and then there's the small random things that don't even get put in the Beta Sharing but are kind of dumped there (the last, and just the last, level in the folder shows who (a beta tester) made it).

So maybe it's not the most optimal advert for new users, and there should be a separate random folder for Beta testers, and free folder with a few levels from Beta Sharing picked in some coordinated way. I'm not sure free users need to be able to share levels as far as they can save them on their account.

Yeah I've been thinking of getting rid of anonymous, it hasn't been a draw like I'd hoped.

#30 Chaostorm

Chaostorm

Adam

• Administrators
  • 483 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:13 AM

> There seems to be a problem with tile groups when the Proximity, (Auto Off) and (Off Reverses) triggers are enabled. Take a look at the "BLINKING ELEVATOR" bug level.

I figured this out.  You need to set the iterations to 1.  What's happening is it's trying to repeat, but that puts it out of trigger range, so it starts reversing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users