This release fixes a long time bug causing jerkiness – gameplay should be very smooth now!
- Fixed a long time bug causing jerkiness. Gameplay should be smooth now, even at lower frame rates.
- Adjusted SecureSWF settings that were causing extreme jerkiness and 30% performance loss.
- Fixed a bug causing excessive slowness when the game was scaled
- I moved the depth of the back of mirages farther to the back, so the following items are now visible behind mirages: ladders, scenery, exit door. This was needed as a big optimization. If you want ladders to be completely invisible I recommend using opaque instead of mirage.
- Lighten tiles are a bit lighter
- New speed profiling tool (beta testers only): HOME+PLUS sets game speed up to 10x. Levels with a lot of physics will not reach the full 10x because physics steps per frame are capped at 20 in this mode (normal is 5). In the latest build, at 5x my machine gets 8.5fps in the Pit of Despair.
“Bug Reports” Folder Levels
(Please delete the level when you confirm the issue is fixed)
SPRING MISALIGNMENT (Illari) – fixed
TRAPPED ENEMY FADE IN (Illari) – fixed
BARRIER NOT INVISIBLE (Illari) – fixed
BOX TRIGGERS AND FALLS (Illari) – fixed
SPRING CLOSES BARRIER AGAIN (Illari) – fixed
BLINKING ELEVATOR (Juan G) – resolved – set iterations to 1
BOXES BLOCK THEMSELVES (Juan G) – fixed
STRANGE TRACKBOT BEHAVIOR (Juan G) – fixed
INVISIBLE BUT NOT DESTROYED (Juan G) – fixed – but why would you want to do this?
INSANE BUGS (InsaneJetman) – fixed